The Board Chair of Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania (ERMO) invites applications from suitably qualified women and men for appointment as:
In July 2018 Oceania Province of the Christian Brothers established Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania (ERMO) to have oversight of the sixteen ministries around Oceania that look to the life and example of Blessed Edmund Rice as their inspiration.
Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania (ERMO) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Executive Officer (EO) to lead the organisation into the next phase.
Under the direction of the ERMO Board, the Executive Officer will provide oversight and operational leadership to ensure the needs of the Province and its ministries are met, give strategic direction in collaboration with the Board and Executive team,
and represent and promote the mission, values and programme of Edmund Rice Mission Oceania.
The EO must be motivated to make a meaningful contribution to all Edmund Rice Ministries including Camp communities that work with young people experiencing disadvantage and the provision of support and services to refugees and those who are marginalised.
* Experience working at an Executive level with a National Board.
* Previous experience and success in facilitation and group processes.
* Capacity to work with organisations across different contexts and cultures.
* Ability to work successfully with a religious institute or faith based agency.
* Ability to work collaboratively at a senior level.
* Commitment and witness with the Catholic tradition to the Church's mission and values.
* Compliance with statutory and Province requirements in respect to Child Safety and legal standing.
* Willingness and ability to travel extensively nationally and internationally.
* Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of the role.
The position if full-time and for a maximum term of three years including a 6 month probation period commencing in early August 2019.
For a copy of the position description see the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org - or for a confidential discussion or more information about the role contact Board Chair, Helen Mahoney on 0408 720 011.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter addressed to:
The Board Chair - ERMO at email@example.com
or mail to
Attention HR: PO Box 851, Parkville, VIC, 3052.
The successful applicant must be willing to undergo Working with Children and Police checks.
Applications close: 5.00pm (AEST), Friday, 7 June 2019.