Africa Immersion and Partnership Program
The diverse continent of Africa has formed some of the greatest leaders of modern times. People such as Nelson Mandela, Wangari Maathai, Desmond Tutu and Julius Nyerere have shaped not only Africa but also the way the world views justice, oppression and faith, while pursuing a quest for a common humanity.
This immersion will allow participants to explore leadership by visiting and connecting with amazing faith-based schools and programs in Kenya and South Africa. It will provide opportunities for participants to develop skills with which to offer a liberating education in their own school communities.
During the program participants will:
- visit the transformational work that the Church and the Christian Brothers are conducting with people in poverty and living with HIV/AIDS;
- share with families in Kibera Slum (Kenya) and homestay in Soweto Township (South Africa);
- experience African liturgies and explore faith and spirituality from an African perspective;
- dialogue with key leaders in the Kenyan and South African Communities and explore how the leadership styles of prominent African leaders have influenced change locally and globally;
- explore approaches to justice and peace education by experiencing how schools in Africa educate their students to build a better world for all;
- build community and reflect and pray together with other educators from across Edmund Rice schools, and
- reflect on their immersion engagement from the different perspectives of tourist, pilgrim and partner.
Contact EREA to learn more:
- Phone: +61 3 9426 3200
- Email: email@example.com