Edmund Rice Education Australia
Northern Region Office – Boondall, Brisbane, QLD
Immediate start available
Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) is a National Not-for-Profit Organisation, responsible for the governance and administration of 55 Catholic Schools in the Edmund Rice tradition across Australia.
Our schools include mainstream education, flexible learning centres for disenfranchised young people, special schools, primary, secondary and early learning centres, boys’ education and co-education, day and boarding schools, and metro and regional schools, which are located across every state and territory in Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join the Central Payroll Office’s close-knit and high performing team. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will deliver a timely, accurate, and efficient payroll service to over 3000 employees nationally within a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be part of a friendly and supportive team of three. You will undertake rewarding work and be part of a National organisation which positively impacts the education of over 40,000 young people. We are in an exciting period of growth and looking for talented people to assist with taking the organisation into the future. Our operating model is end-to-end service of our assigned client groups. Please see the Position Description for full details of the role.
To succeed in this role you will have:
* A strong initiative and the ability to problem solve
* Strong attention to detail
* The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team
* Transparent communication skills
* Capacity for change and readiness for a challenge
* Resilience and the ability to manage frustrating situations
* The ability to communicate with and educate non-financial individuals on payroll matters
* A strong customer service focus
* Motivation for excellence
* Ability to interpret industrial agreements
* Ability to meet deadlines and can thrive under pressure
The following experience is desirable:
* 2+ years’ experience in a payroll team
* Experience in a complex and fast paced business (3,000 – 5,000+ employees)
* Experience in multi-award payroll
* Experience in complex EBA’s
* Experience with payroll systems (Ascender Payroll Solution is an advantage)
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be addressed to EREA Recruitment and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a:
- Current CV
- Cover Letter, outlining your interest in and suitability for the position (no more than two A4 pages)
Work hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm. Free onsite parking is available.
Employment is subject to compliance with the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions. The successful applicant must possess (or be eligible to obtain) and maintain a current Working With Children Check (Blue Card).
For further information, please contact Madison McQuiggan on (03) 9426 3205 or email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 4pm (AEST) TUESDAY 19 JULY 2022.
All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Edmund Rice Education Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.