School Engagement Officer
Edmund Rice Foundation Australia (ERFA)
Starting Date: Jan/Feb 2021
Reports to: CEO – ERFA
Term/hours: Part-time 25-30 hours negotiable
Location: Nudgee College Brisbane
About Edmund Rice Foundation Australia (ERFA):
ERFA is an international aid organisation that supports sustainable community-based education programs in developing countries and projects for marginalised and disadvantaged groups in Australia. Our work is underpinned by the support of the Edmund Rice Schools network in Australia.
About the role
The position will manage the development and delivery of an innovative, quality, national school relationships program that will engage students, school staff and parents on an ongoing basis. The Position will work collaboratively with the CEO, the Communications Officer and other ERFA staff members, as well as members of Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) and school staff nationally to nurture existing stakeholder relationships and initiate new partnerships both within and external to the Edmund Rice schools network.
Scope of the Position:
The key objective of this role is to manage, inform and enhance relationships for ERFA in Edmund Rice and other schools nationally. This will be achieved by developing a comprehensive strategy and engagement plan for every aspect of school support including communications.
– Develop an Operational Plan and Strategic Plan
– Develop and implement strategies and build relationships with key stakeholders in order to enhance school partnerships and seek opportunities to engage with new schools in order to grow revenue streams that support ERFA’s development programs
– Provide information, manage communications including developing resources and coordinate involvement in EREA conferences and events
– Seek to expand engagement and fundraising activity with schools outside of the EREA network
What does success look like over the next 12 months?
– Engage with all schools and establish meaningful contact with key personnel to activate in tailored education and fundraising activity
– Work with ERFA staff to better understand existing relationships in all states and work collaboratively for the best outcome for both the schools and ERF
– Continue to build relationships with schools that have had limited involvement with ERFA
– Continue to find ways to generate new engagement strategies within existing school relationships
Skills and experience
– Blue Card or relevant Working With Children Card
– An education or fundraising/marketing related degree.
– At least 3 years demonstrated experience working with children and young people, preferably in a resource development role within an educational context
– Experience in developing, reviewing and delivering innovative training materials or the ability to gain these skills quickly. Materials may include videos, Power Point presentations, case studies, interactive tools, webinars etc.
– Excellent communication skills that enable relating to and working with a wide variety of people, staff, students and stakeholders.
– A natural forward planner, credible and comfortable with dealing at all levels within the Not for Profit sector.
– Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and deliver a successful campaign/conference/event
– Demonstrated ability to be organised and efficient.
– Appropriate level of computer skills.
– Experience and sensitivity to working with culturally diverse groups.
– Ability to work as a team with other members of Edmund Rice Foundation.
– Be available to maintain regular contact with the CEO of Edmund Rice Foundation
– Be able to attend meetings and events as required.
– Be available to work flexible hours when required.
– To travel regionally, interstate and overseas if required
As this is a child related position, applicants for the position will be the subject to:
– Blue Card/ Working with Children Check and Clearance
– Federal Police Check and Clearance
– Comply with ERFAs’ Child Care, Safety & Protection Policy and Reporting Protocol
The position is part-time including a 6 month probation period and commencing Jan/Feb 2021.
If you would like to be considered for this role, click the ‘apply’ button or forward your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience . For a copy of the position description or for further information about the role email BArkinstall.@edmundrice.org or call HR on 03 8359 0117 (please note our office is closed between 22/12/2020-10/01/2021).
Applications close 10:00pm (AEST) 20th January 2020.
ERFA is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and has zero-tolerance of any abuse.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.