South America Immersion and Partnership Program
The experience, which will encompass Peru, Argentina and Uruguay, will provide participants with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the work of the Church and the Christian Brothers, and show solidarity with our Edmund Rice schools in these countries. It will also allow participants to explore the richness of the Latin American cultures, spirituality and landscapes.
During the program participants will:
- visit the places where Liberation Theology and a Preferential Option for the Poor developed and took root;
- engage with Edmund Rice schools in Peru, Argentina and Uruguay, and share with educators and students;
- experience the liberating education they offer and learn from their outreach and justice education programs;
- experience and participate in the spiritualty and culture of Latin America;
- visit Cusco and Machu Picchu and learn about the Inca culture as well as the effects of Spanish colonisation of South America;
- reflect on their engagement from the different perspectives of tourist, pilgrim and partner, and
- build community and reflect and pray together with other educators from Edmund Rice schools from across the world.
Contact EREA to learn more:
- Phone: +61 3 9426 3200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org