Global Classrooms Partners
The Global Classroom Partners Program links young people from around the world to learn from, with and about each other, while exploring some of the worlds most pressing issues. Groups of students (with their teacher) under take two lessons than have two video conferences with a global classroom partner. These connections are facilitated to ensure deep dialogue can occur.
- Classroom Lessons
- Lesson 1 – Engaging Globally: The Art of Good Dialogue
- Lesson 2 – Selected Topic
- Lesson 3 – Action in your local community
- Link with a partner school
- 2 x facilitated video conferences
- Follow-up activities
- Linked to the OECD Global Competencies
Expectations of School
- Undertake preparation lessons prior to video conference
- Staff have the opportunity to undertake global partnership professional development
- Teachers meet prior to videoconference
- Ensure all school and local authority child safety and protection requirements are undertaken and upheld
- Schools are flexible and sensitive to the realities of their partner schools
- As this is a pilot program, schools can initially nominate only one group/class
Topics for Students to Collaborate Globally
Learning from, with and about each other while understanding and valuing the diversity and similarities of our experiences.
Sharing the different service, justice and outreach projects schools are involved with and how faith helps to sustain our commitment to these.
Learning about the UN Sustainable Development Goals and how we can all create a sustainably just world
Sharing different experiences about how sport locally and globally brings people and communities together and helps to build a better world for all.
Learning and sharing about the struggle for racial equality and the ways students can further reconciliation in their communities.