Ireland and Developing World Pilgrimage
A Journey with Edmund through Ireland and India/Africa
This program invites participants into the stories that shape our identity as women and men who follow in the footsteps of the founder of the Christian Brothers, Blessed Edmund Rice. These stories open a window to the Gospel of Jesus and reveal how Edmund’s journey, rooted in a spirituality of reflection and action, continues to unfold today.
This Pilgrimage and Encounter will also explore the fruits of the Christian Brothers’ vision in taking Edmund’s spirit into very different cultural and spiritual settings.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- walk the very streets that Edmund walked and visit the places of his birth, life and death in Ireland;
- explore Celtic spirituality and the Irish Church in the sacred landscape of Glendalough;
- discover the story of the Presentation Brothers (the other congregation Edmund founded), as well as the stories of Nano Nagle and the Presentation Sisters in having an impact on the work of Blessed Edmund;
- encounter the cultural and spiritual richness and diversity of either Africa or India in witnessing the founding charism expressed within Christian Brothers’ communities and ministries in one of these settings;
- explore the evolution of Edmund’s vision within a society characterised by extremes of poverty, and
- reflect upon the spirituality of justice which began with Edmund and continues to grow and develop through the evolving story of those who walk in Edmund’s footsteps.
Contact EREA to learn more:
- Phone: +61 3 9426 3200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org