A Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) is a formal statement of commitment to reconciliation. Schools can develop a RAP using the Narragunnawali platform to register and extend on existing initiatives or to begin a new journey.
Once registered, schools will create a RAP working group and complete a Reflection Survey, which gives a snapshot of the current state of reconciliation in the school or early learning service. They will then be asked to write a Vision for Reconciliation, Acknowledgement of Country and choose a series of RAP Actions—practical commitments related to relationships, respect and opportunities.
A Draft RAP is then submitted to Reconciliation Australia who will review the RAP’s Vision for Reconciliation and Acknowledgement of Country statements prior to publication on the ‘Who has a RAP?’ map.
12 months after publication, the RAP will be reverted to draft to allow the RAP Working Group to ensure it remains a dynamic, living document. While all data from the previous version of the RAP will be retained, the refresh process involves, at minimum, re-completing the Reflection Survey and re-submitting the RAP.
The following EREA schools have published or refreshed their Narragunnawali RAP during 2020-2021:
- Ambrose Treacy College, Indooroopilly (Turrbal Country)
- Christian Brothers’ College, Fremantle (Whadjuk Country)
- Christian Brothers’ High School, Lewisham (Gadigal Country)
- Edmund Rice College, Bindoon (Yued Country)
- Ignatius Park College, Townsville (Bindal & Wulgurukaba Country/s)
- Inala Flexible Learning Centre, Xavier FSN (Turrbal Country)
- St Edmund’s College, Canberra (Ngunnawal Country)
- St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace (Turrbal Country)
- St Joseph’s College, Geelong (Wathaurong Country)
- St Joseph’s Nudgee College (Turrbal Country)
- St Kevin’s College, Toorak (Wurundjeri Country)
- St Laurence’s College, South Brisbane (Turrbal Country)
- St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe (Turrbal Country)
- St Patrick’s College, Ballarat (Wathaurong Country)
- St Pius X College, Chatswood (Cammeraygal Country)
- St Virgil’s College, Hobart (Palawa Country)
- Wollongong Flexible Learning Centre, Eastern FSN (Dharawal Country)